This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Vanja Jambrovic graduated in philosophy and comparative literature at the Faculty for social sciences of the University of Zagreb in 2005 and in 2011 she graduated in film and theatre production at the Academy of Dramatic Art, also in Zagreb. Vanja started working in the film industry in 2002 as a production assistant and a festival coordinator. Since 2009 she’s been making films with Restart. Vanja’s track record includes more than 20 films of all shapes and sizes. Restart as a production company is focused mostly on documentaries and is making first steps towards fiction films. Restart is a multi-faceted organization, running educational programs: it has a distribution label (Restart label) and operates DOKUKINO KIC – a small art house cinema in the center of Zagreb dedicated to creative documentary. Vanja is running the Restart Laboratory – a platform for first time directors and Restart Masterclass – a year-long program dedicated to connecting world- class filmmakers with Croatian audiences through a series of interactive lectures. With her projects Vanja was a part of several professional workshops such as: EAVE (2015), Producers on the move (Cannes 2014), Robert Bosch Coproduction Prize Germany Eastern Europe (Berlin, 2013), Berlinale Talent Campus (Berlin, 2013), Emerging Producers 2012 (Jihlava), Sarajevo Talent Campus (Sarajevo, 2012), EURODOC (France 2010) and many more. Her films have circled the globe, having been screened at IDFA, Hot Docs, Toronto IFF, Visions du Reel, Fid Marseille, Karlovy Vary IFF, Sarajevo FF and hundreds more. Film that she produced «Srbenka» directed by Nebojša Slijepčević has been preselected for EFA Awards in the best documentary category in 2018 and won Doc Allianze Award for the best documentary in 2018.
Professional filmography as delegate producer – finished films:
* 'SRBENKA', director: Nebojša Slijepčević, 72', 2018; world premiere: Visions Du Reel 2018
* 'PLAYING MEN', director: Matjaz Ivanisin, documentary, 60', 2017; coproduction with Nosorogi (Slovenia); world premiere: FIDMarseille 2017
* 'FUNNE: SEA DREAMING GIRLS', director: Katia Bernardi, documentary, 80'/52', 2016; coproduction with EiE Film, Jump Cut, Chocolat (Italy); world premiere: Rome Film Festival 2016
* 'HALF A MAN', director: Kristina Kumric, short fiction, 20', 2016; coproduction with Melocoton Films (France); world premiere: Toronto Film Festival 2016
* 'SOMETHING ABOUT LIFE', director: Nebojsa Slijepcevic, documentary, 30', 2016; international premiere: Dokufest 2016
* 'ISLANDS OF FORGOTTEN CINEMAS', director: Ivan Ramljak, documentary, 35', 2016; international premiere: Sarajevo Film Festival 2016
* 'UNITED FRONT OF OPPORTUNISTS', director: Vedran Senjanovic, Dejan Oblak, documentary, 44', 2016
* 'ABIDANCE', directors: Anja Strelec and Tomislava Jukic, documentary, 45', 2016
* 'GANGSTER OF LOVE', director: Nebojsa Slijepcevic, documentary, 80'/58', 2013; coproduction with Kloos & Co. Medien (Germany), Subcultura Films (Romania), Fade In (Croatia), ZDF-ARTE (Germany); world premiere: Hot Docs 2013
* 'BOXED', director: Nebojsa Slijepcevic, short fiction, 25', 2013; Petnaesta umjetnost (Croatia)
* 'REAL MAN'S FILM', director: Nebojsa Slijepcevic, documentary, 13', 2012; world premiere: Sarajevo Film Festival 2016
* 'DON JUANS: EXCUSE ME MISS', director: Goran Devic documentary, 42’, 2010; Petnaesta umjetnost (Croatia)
* 'HAPPY LAND', director: Goran Devic, documentary, 50’, 2009; Petnaesta umjetnost (Croatia)